Jun 20, 2013

Mammoth Grinder- "Underworlds" (20 Buck Spin, 2013)

There is a lot of buzz about this upcoming record and trust me, so far, it is living up to the hype. A few tracks have leaked on the internet and they are MENACING. Mammoth Grinder's latest effort is all too familiar sounding and eerily recognizable without coming across as uninspired or derivative in any manner. Drums are thrasing, vocals chords are tearing, riffs have a Grave and Hypocrisy-esque flavor of Sweden, and my head cannot stop banging. My only complaint is that I was expecting a little more lead guitar work, but the album's overall ascetic seems focused more on punishment and less on stylistic excess. I don't think this band is trying to reinvent the wheel as much as trying to shove the wheel down your throat, and that's perfectly fine with me. This album will be released by 20 Buck Spin this Summer and a full download of the album (legally) will be available on the website on July 23rd. Check this band out on tour, throw on the shirt, jam the record, and thrash 'til death. Fuck yes!