Feb 6, 2013

Precursor to "Mood Tunes"


I've been putting off a somewhat tedious post about albums I tend to listen to in certain mindsets. "Mood tunes" is what I planned on calling it. If I ever actually post it, it'll explain that I of course am not programmed to listen to the exact same albums in certain moods and that sometimes they are exact opposites. Sometimes I'll throw on a happy record when I'm feeling a little sad, ect.. 

However this album, The Red Sea goes on and I just fucking see red. This album sounds like each member had vivid thoughts of the apocalypse in mind while performing these songs. Especially tracks like "The Minus Times", more notably at 2:40? Jesus christ. That's pure animosity coming through the speakers when that plays to me.

Now there are plenty of albums that sound like this to me. I honestly don't usually get much inspiration from anger inspired music, and it's hard for me to stay into a band or song long that only touches on such a primitive feeling, but it certainly feels fucking great to put this shit up as loud as it can go and feel like a gorilla for a few hours.


 -Novak