Feb 8, 2013

Albums of the Week

This album would definitely fall under favorite albums, not just of the week. The track "Under the Radar" is absolutely perfect. It's just long enough to rest your head to, but not long enough to put you asleep. I have it on loop while lying in bed restless.

(For those unaware of Adrien Belew, he's leaned a hand into hundreds of songs, artists, and records. Most notably, David Bowie, Talking Heads, NIN, Frank Zappa, and King Crimson. THE only guitarist I can hear 5 seconds of and know instantly that it's him.)


Another album that is just about always in rotation either in my car or at my studio. Second favorite album of all time. All the lyrics fit this week perfectly.


I started listening to this album last weekend to try and remember why exactly I hated it so much when I first heard it. I remember giving the first listen with Krystle and Nik when I was living in California and I thought the album was soooo boring. Seemed like whatever magic was in the room for their first release was long gone on this album. Well long story short I love it, at least right now.


-Novak