Feb 1, 2021

Interview With Skylar

Up next in the Monday morning interviews is one of my best friends and favorite people to make music with, Skylar. Skylar is not just a total joy to be around 24/7, but he's one of the most motivated and unique song writers in Cleveland. I had to pleasure to recently record his new band, Orefice Roth. We tracked one song a few weeks ago, and we start the next big batch of songs the middle of February! 
 
Here's a quick little nterview with the guy pictured below. 

 - What's the first band that made you pick up a guitar and start playing? 

Uhhhh general classic rock that I heard in a crate of records that my dad/uncle gave me

- What's missing in the local music scene? 

I don't know.

- How do you know when a song is finished writing? 

To me a song never has to stop changing, but if we’re defining finished as when I’m comfortable with playing it in a live setting or make an official recording of it ... it’s when it feels balanced and it feels like it does it’s job. Whatever that is for you

 

- What comes first in your song writing process? 

 It starts so many different ways

- Do you have any specific rooms, lighting, or rituals you gravitate towards when you're writing? 

Drink coffee, smoke some weed, and just float around the house in your pajamas strumming on a guitar. Have instruments everywhere. Always have one by you when you’re sitting on the couch watching tv.

Watch the Obese Studios instagram account for updates on when new material from this human will be available for you to hear!