Jan 16, 2017

New Sounds

Just to keep the ball rolling on the blog (and mainly to avoid responsibility on a busy Monday at work) here are a few albums I have either just heard or am excited to hear. 


You Slut! - Critical Meat
 I'm not sure how this band slipped my crack.. I mean the cracks. Playing with Mat those few years in Doxa, you would think this band would be a given to me. It never quite crosses the line of "too much" of any genre, but seems to hop around a lot. It's technical but catchy, heavy but never meathead-ish, and it always surprises you. A perfect example of a band that takes constantly jerks the wheel in different, but cool directions. 


Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Patriots Day Soundtrack 
The most recent installment of ambient work from Trent and Atticus. I have nothing but positive things to say about every single soundtrack they have put out. They always instantly turn off the world around me and engulf me in their world. I'm just as confident with this release. I have yet to hear it, but I have a routine with these pieces of work. I have to be at home, with the lights off, phone off, and listen to it twice all the way through. I've done that since I was a kid when anything Trent has put out. 


- Novak