Jan 24, 2017

Interview with Eric Olschlager

Ah fuck. Who let this guy on the blog?

You may know this wild animal as "Stainfart" on social media. He's always chiming in with the humor that's always too soon, offensive, and never even actually funny. Well it turns out this lunatic has more than just name calling and duck calls in his head. 

Who knows, he may even turn up on the podcast soon...

Do you listen to music when you hunt? 
I never listen to music when I hunt, not because I don't want to but because I usually hear deer, ducks and especially geese long before I see them. You can hear geese honking a mile away and it's more subtle but you can hear ducks wings making a whistling sound as they approach your location. Deer are loud as hell against the quiet backdrop of the woods, I'll be zoning out or near sleeping then I hear a stick crack or leaves rustling and I know a deer is wandering in.


What was your favorite record to play to when you played drums? 
My favorite drumming album is easily "Destroy the Opposition" by Dying Fetus. There are and were far more technical drum tracks to listen to but the precision and power Kevin Talley channeled on that album is unmatched. Many drummers will agree that there are 2 types of drummers, those who tap their drum heads like a virgin nervously searching for his first girlfriend's clit and the absolute animal who pounds his drums like a 48 year old factory worker plowing his old lady. Kevin Talley was the latter, absolute power and chaos but at the same time technically proficient.

I strived to play my drums just like that and it was undoubtedly the biggest influence on my drumming.


What's the most annoying thing about friends who play in bands?
 The most annoying thing about friends in bands is their anger and lack of understanding when I have some other shit going on preventing me from seeing their band play. Listen, I wish I could watch your band and get drunk at a bar every night, but sometimes I have to go to bed early so I don't wake up in an absolute rage from a lack of sleep on a work night.


If you had to guess, how many times have you picked on Joe Reed?
 I've picked on Joe Reed easily 30-40,000 times in my life. I used to try to trick him into touching my penis just so I could call him a fag. What a gaywad. I remember one time me and Andy took his brand new pair of "lugz" and threw them in the woods because he laced them up so tight they looked like footballs.


What's stopping you from playing drums again? 
The only thing stopping me from playing the drums right now is the fact that I live in a condo and there's no room. One day when I buy a house I'll buy a set instantly. Believe that.


What's the last album you listened to? 
The last album I listened to was "Sexual Intercorpse" by Goratory.


Favorite guitarist? 
Dave Mustaine is hands down my favorite guitarist. Nothing too technically mind blowing but he had a long career of heavy and catchy thrash riffs. Metallica took a big hit when they kicked him out.


Any bands you were super into in High School you're still into? 
I'd say most of the bands I really loved in high school I'm still into. I still listen to death metal all the time so I really haven't grown up or changed at all.


Ok. Now go glue a frog on a small child and suck an egg.


-Novak