Nov 13, 2016

Interview with Chris Bishop

Chris Bishop has been mentioned in this blog since the very first blog entries. He's a rare and outstanding breed of musician/human from Cleveland. He currently resides in Virginia which makes it hard to be hard together, but not impossible! He still comes up to visit quite often and we still get to jam. We just recently did a podcast together (my first out of state one!) and that will be uploaded soon. 

In the meantime, here's a little interview with him as some foreplay before the cum shot/podcast to be posted.


What was the first band that made you pick up a guitar?
I don't know. I remember rocking with a fake guitar when I was really young. I'm sure it was something my mom was listening to. Grateful Dead, Neil young, black crowes. Something like that. I was born with a guitar in my hand. And a huge cock.

When did you know music wasn't going to just be a hobby? 
 
Music is a hobby.

Who are your favorite types of musicians to play with? 
People I can communicate with without using words. If I take a left turn while we are jamming and you turn left at the same time, I love jamming with you. The He Chaw boys jam like this, Tayler and I are telepathic when we jam.

How important are lyrics to a song? 
Depends on the song. I write some songs with a purpose of saying something or telling a story and some songs are made to make far girls dance. Dress blues by Jason Isbell can make me cry and rumble by link Wray can make your dick hard and make you want to fight. (It's an instrumental)

Favorite instrumental band? 
Yelloh. The ventures. Bill dogget.

What's an album cover you stared at for hours as a kid? 
I don't know if I stared at it for hours but the molly hatchet cover for flirtin' with disaster is a standout.

Favorite bassist? 
Charles Mingus


What makes a good song? 
If you can play a song with just a voice and an acoustic guitar and it's convincing, it will be a good song. If it doesn't work solo acoustic it will never work as a band.

Do you like mashed potatoes? 
Love em. Love em more with corn and gravy.


Favorite Cleveland band? 
The exploding lies. Honest to god rock and roll played by 4 no bullshit Cleveland dudes. No gimmicks, no schtick, just rock and roll. Exactly what it should be.

Why hasn't there been any solo material from you? 
In the studio dec 3/4. Solo record out in the spring on eleventh hour records. On vinyl too!!

Does it feel good to be a gangsta? 
I see some ladies tonight that should be havin my baby. Baby.




-Novak