Feb 12, 2016

Eh

Been feeling all sorts of strange lately, very disconnected from friends and my life around me. These albums make me feel ok. 

Stars of the Lid- Gravitational Pull VS. The Desire For an Aquatic Life

Zone out music at its finest. I've been putting this on in attempts to be background noise while I read before I go to sleep, but I end up just laying in my bed staring at the ceiling for hours. This band has always had a way of turning off a lot of mental noise and replacing it with an almost meditative state. 


David Bowie- Stage

 Second favorite Bowie album. Hands down my favorite live line up. It was very synth heavy, in the heart of his Berlin trilogy era, but still had the noisy Adrian Belew guitars intertwined throughout. Every version of every song on this album is done flawlessly. The drummer (Dennis Davis) is fantastic in this performance. He brings an immediate violent intensity to it all, yet still keeps it such a sexy groove. Bowie was on fucking fire in every way on this album.



-Novak