Nov 12, 2013

Albums I Wish My Friends Liked: Pt. 3, Bolles



Bolles gave me the most trouble with this so far simply because I couldn't think of anything that we don't both like already. From what I recall, our very first musical conversation was over Code 13, I'm pretty hard pressed to find something this kid hasn't already checked out. I'm pretty sure, however, that Bolles hasn't checked out Crisis' "Deathshead Exterminations" and I really hope that he does and ends up liking it. Although he claims not to like female vocalists and will probably cringe and laugh at some of the 90s "nu metalness" of some of these riffs, I think Crisis contains enough punk spirit and interesting sludgyness to their sound to win Bolles over. I'm probably wrong, and I'm sure if I am he'll never let me hear the end of it.





- Joe