Apr 2, 2020

Album for Album - Part 2: Michael Dehgean

Hi. Just because we're not allowed to be around people doesn't mean people can't tell you cool music to listen to, especially if the way they recommended it was through an Instagram message. That being said, let's keep the party going with more music friends told me to listen to.


   Holy fuck. I can already tell this is going to be one of my new favorite albums because it's already one of my new favorite albums and I'm only two tracks in. Instantly immersed in a galaxy of mile wide reverbs, rich orchestral layers, and warm, sad vocals. This kind of music, as easy as it may seem to make is extremely difficult to be done in a way that doesn't sound like you're just ripping off the masters of this trade. Any slight deviation in tone or notes may distract you from the hypnotic trance this music is intended to achieve. I've heard countless bands get lumped into that "shoegaze" genre that are either overdoing it, or just simply missing something. That being said, you can tell these guys have been long time fans of early 90's shoegaze music because it's done so tastefully and respectfully. Goosebumps throughout.

   I cannot recommend this album enough. I had a feeling I would have some homework to do on finding good bands from friends, but I seriously cannot express enough how hard I have fallen for this record already. 

100/5 


 
In return, I'm recommending Deaf Center - Lobby.


-Novak