Mar 22, 2020

Brian Eno and Roger Eno - Mixing Colours

   A surprising release by the Eno brothers! Of all the music these two have made, this is their first proper collaboration release, aside from the Apollo album which was more of a team effort. Both brothers have quite the discography at this stage in the life. To me personally, Brian Eno's approach to music is far more inspiring than the music itself. That's by no means to say the music isn't good. I'll hear an album by him and think I know how it was made, and it turns out he's taken a short sample of a window opening and slowed it way down, ran it through a fan and gotten this part that sounds like a piano. It's techniques like that that must be a total blast to do in the studio, and it's a unique treat when it actually sounds good.

   All the tracks are named after colors. Although they can each take you to their unique places, the album has a very solid consistency to it. Albums like these are difficult to review because they always make me feel differently every time I listen. So I'm done here! Do yourself a favor and check this one out!



-Novak