Jan 28, 2019

Interview with Josh!

Hi hi hi. Interview Monday time guys. This one is with Josh who has been killing it lately with his Comics Generally podcast.


- What advice would you give to someone who wants to start their own podcast up? if you think you want to do it, just do it. I spent so much time wondering if I could, I never bothered to actually try. Getting the first one out of the way is the absolute hardest part. At least for me it was. Getting one done will make it clear fairly quickly whether or not it’s something you want to stick with. - Any chance we'll hear your voice anywhere outside of podcasts this year? no comment? :D

- Any comics that haven't been turned into a movie you'd like to see happen? It’s funny, with the wealth of comics properties that have been optioned or picked up for movie adaptations, it actually makes this question a little more difficult to answer. A comic I’m reading right now would be perfect; it’s called Manifest Destiny, by Chris Dingess and Matthew Roberts. It’s about Lewis and Clark, who have not only been dispatched to discover what these new territories offer, but also the supernatural monsters and creatures that lurk throughout it. It’s got a great sense of humor, some action, and danger all thrown together to make a comic that’s as much for history nerds as it is science fiction or monster movie nerds. It’s definitely something you could condense into a two hour movie and have a LOT of fun with! - What's a band that let you down the most live? I’ve been pretty lucky I think, in that I don’t recall ever having a band really let me down. There’s been sets where for some reason, it wasn’t as good or as memorable as the time before it or whatever. I can’t recall ever walking out just let down though. - Favorite album artwork? Green Day - Dookie. You can go back to it to this day and find things you didn’t notice before, if you look hard enough. I don’t know how I’ve gone so long without owning a poster of that artwork, but now I kind of want to get one.

- Any plans to ever do a video formatted podcast? There’s definitely plans to do video stuff, but not necessarily a video podcast. We’re going to C2E2 in March, and the plan is to try and get some video while we’re there, as sort of a highlight reel of the trip and the show. There’s also another project I’m working on that’s very Cleveland-centric that I’m excited about. That one's something significantly more long term though. - What's on your "to do list" creatively? Creator interviews, that’s my biggest one. I wish I had a longer answer for this one, haha! - What was the best year for films? 1990. Initially I was going to give some answer about how it’s probably somewhere in the eighties. I decided to look at what else came out the year Goodfellas, one of my two favorite movies (the other being Major League,) came out; it’s definitely 1990. Aside from Goodfellas you’ve got Tremors, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Back To The Future III, Total Recall, Another 48 Hours, Dick Tracy, Gremlins 2, Robocop 2, Days Of Thunder, Arachnophobia, Young Guns 2, DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, Home Alone, Predator 2, Misery, Edward Scissorhands, and Kindergarten Cop. 1990 was sweet!

- Thundercats live action movie: thoughts? It’s not something I’m dying to see, but 803given the right people involved, I’d watch the fuck out of that! Michael B. Jordan as Panthro, please! Get someone like Travis Knight to direct it. He just crushed it on that Bumblebee movie.

- Most listened to album? Prrrrrrrrrrobably Metallica’s ...And Justice For All? I can’t think of anything that could come close. Maybe the first Weezer. - Plug your podcast. Give us some highlights and some things to look forward to! Our show is available on iTunes, google play, stitcher, and through whatever podcatcher you use! Hopefully Spotify soon, as well. We recently launched a Patreon page with content exclusive to donors as well! Look forward to our coverage of C2E2 in March along with creator interviews from the show! We’re also doing a book club in 2019, with the show putting a spotlight on a different graphic novel or series each month! As for the patreon, lots of weird/fun content! Comics Generally Podcast on: Facebook.com/comicsgenerally Instagram.com/comicsgenerallypodcast Patreon.com/comicsgenerallypodcast



Now go buy hide a hard boiled egg in your neighbors house. 

- Novak