Jan 21, 2019

Interview with Eric

   It's Monday. Time to scroll past all the memes about going back to bed to find the post that got you here!




- What's the last new album that blew your mind?

Aborted “TerrorVision”. I didn’t have much hope for this album because their last few have been kind of bland, but this stood out and kinda returned to the energy of some of their better stuff.



- What's an album that you love the music but despise the artwork for?

Origin “Echoes of Decimation”. This record is a technical death metal masterpiece, but the cover is some fat elf’s face made out of cosmic dust. So lame.



- Favorite drummer? 

Flo Mounier. Anyone who listens to Cryptopsy appreciates his ridiculous jazz drumming set to a death metal pace.



- Do you have a favorite artwork designer?

Wes Benscoter definitely makes my favorite album artwork. I gave so many albums a listen over the years just because he did the cover.



- Favorite author?

At the moment my favorite author has to be George Orwell. Just finished 1984 again and am about to start Animal Farm




- What's a movie you were excited to see but it ended up being a big stinky
butt crack?

The Meg. I really hoped this movie would heavily feature gigantic shark penises but not one great white or megalodon peener was seen that day.



- How often do you daydream about being in a band again?

I daydream about playing music quite a bit still. Anytime I listen to something that blows my mind or an album that has been a favorite for years I get inspired to play again.

- How often do you daydream about hotdogs?

I probably daydream about hot dogs 70 to 100 times a day. No lie. I love hot dogs. If that weirds you out, you can go fuck yourself.



- If you had to watch your dog die a miserable death in front of you or
never eat hotdogs again, which would you chose?

Man, fuck my dog. I’ll kill that piece of crap myself and make hot dogs out of his corpse. Ok fine j/k. But it might be close.

- Favorite venue?

The best venue to me is the Agora ballroom. I’ve seen so many shows here that blew my mind and saw a lot of firsts. Actually, I think it’s the first place I’ve ever seen live music.



Looking forward to posting some more next week! Until then, go glue a duck to someone's face. 


- Novak