Jul 20, 2017

Non Musical Inspiration

Hour of Goon Podcast 
    So any close friend of mine has been annoyed with this podcast at some point. I can't do anything around the house without my bluetooth speaker playing a podcast, interview, or music of some sort. Unless I'm in my room listening to records, there's a good chance that this podcast is what's going through the speaker as I do dishes or make dinner.
     I realize it sounds pretty tacky, but these guys simplify all the nonsense life can smack you with. These guys are best friends, yet their conversations never really get too deep. That's by no means to discredit their relationship or their intelligence. It's a good lesson for me to make shit easier, simpler. I start conversations sometimes with the biggest bummer ideas that I'm really surprised someone hasn't just shot me out of frustration already. All while these guys talk about their favorite donut shops, what they use to wash their blue jeans, and other generally quite honestly useless banter.

   It's also a great break from the pulsating drones of ambient scores, re-listening and dissecting the same few albums of my own that I'm trying to release, or some long drawn out science/religion lecture. As much as my brain loves to be fully exercised with weird or challenging shit, I think it breathes a sigh of relief when I put this funny, calming podcast on. I know it sounds sort of cheesy, but this podcast is a great palette cleanser for me. A nice reset. Their conversations are light and fun and I take a lot out of this into personal situations and especially studio settings.

   Be nice, do cool shit, and eat lots of cheese. 

-Novak