Jun 22, 2017

Workday Review : Skelethal, Celtic Frost & more

I can't think of a worse way to enjoy an icy cold, refreshing Coca-Cola beverage than in a plastic fucking bottle.  Instantly warm, instantly flat, instantly trash.





Skelethal - "Of the Depths" : This band has no business being as sleep inducing as they are.  It's Scandinavian death metal worship with the usual early American influences, and no flavor of their own.  Probably won't revisit this again until I need a nap later.



Celtic Frost - "To Mega Therion" : I will 100% judge your opinion on metal based on how far you go into Celtic Frost's discography.  Never in my life have I wanted to wear gauntlets, leather pants and sleeveless band shirts (my own band, of course) more than when I listen to Celtic Frost.  This is their pinnacle.  They sped up the blueprint laid out previously on "Morbid Tales", added a little dark/goth aesthetic, and retained the most recognizable guitar tone in heavy metal.  Essential listening.



Disincarnate - "Soul Erosion (Demo 1992)" : James Murphy & Morrisond Recordings.  If you know, you know.

- WOODS