Nov 30, 2016

Interview With Woods. Part 3

So this is the third little interview with Woods on this blog. In case you haven't read the others: we get bored at work and ask each other random questions throughout the day. Sometimes they're about favorite snacks, sometimes they're extremely personal. These are just some fairly simple music ones though y'all. 

Click the "Interviews tab on the side to pull up previous interviews!



What was the last brand new band to blow you away?
    I can’t name a brand new band that has blown me away in a while.  The last album I got really into that’s new to me was “Beautiful Reasons” by The Cry.  I first heard them years ago from the H-Street “Hokus Pokus” video.  I was probably 12 or 13 and didn’t really care, but a few months ago I heard the song “Alone” again in the new Polar video and it’s been stuck in the back of my mind since.


 Do you ever get into reissues/remastered versions of your favorite albums?
I couldn’t really care less.  Some reissues with more artwork or photos can be cool…or if it’s the first time an album is getting pressed on a specific format.  Otherwise, no, I don’t care.
 
What's the most money you'd ever pay for a ticket to a show?
If I like the band enough, money’s not much of a concern.  To have been able to see that little tour Hum and Failure did…fuck, I don’t think I could put a price on that.  I think the most I’ve paid though for a single band was sometime around 2005/2006 when I saw Dinosaur Jr for $30 bucks.

What musician would you be the most "star struck" to meet?
Maybe Matt Talbott?  I don’t know.  Nobody else really comes to mind.  Star struck isn’t the right word though…I wouldn’t be hyperventilating and fumbling over my words; he just seems like someone you would have a real, ego-less conversation with.  I probably don’t vocalize it as much as I should, but I’d really rather hear what my friends are currently doing than hearing someone I don’t know reminisce over what they’ve already done, or aren’t even doing anymore.


What would make for the most insane basement show of current bands right now?
I don’t know, I’m too out of the loop right now.

  

Have you ever thought about singing in a band?
    Yeah, sure.  I think everyone has at one point or another.  For me at least, coming up going to punk and hardcore shows, you sort of adopt a mindset early on that sticks with you that “hey, those guys aren’t any different than me, I can do this too.”  


Everybody get up, it's time to slam now. We got a real jam goin' down. 
Welcome to the Space Jam?  
 Fuck off. 



 Now go glue your favorite junk food to a strangers face. GOODBYE! 


 -Novak