Mar 29, 2016

Painting Music

I've been painting a lot lately. For the most part, as long as I have something on, I can feel motivated to paint. The only difference I can tell is that droney, instrumental music seems to slow me down a bit and older, swing music seems to make me paint longer. Since 99% of the time I'm painting I'm the only one at my studio, I do all of my paintings in one sitting. I've started some with the intention of experimenting with doing half one day, half a few days later once it's dried, but it's too fun to stop.

Anyways. Here's some shit I usually listen to while painting.




<---- Jean Michel Jarre
Instrumental synth textures from one of the first major analog synth pioneers to keep me focused.








Al Green ----->
I've never been a good dancer, but this kind of music has always given me a little swing while I paint. 
 




<----- The Drifters 
Something about this style of music has always given me an unlimited work ethic. 






Skinny Puppy ---->
Unlike some of the albums mentioned above, basically any Skippy Puppy album makes for great painting music. Too Dark Park is probably the only album that directly affects the colors and overall look of the paintings I'm working on though.

 










  -Novak