Mar 11, 2014

WHY AREN'T YOU JAMMING THIS?????

We all have those records that we only jam every so often. Somehow they always get filed away and forgotten about until they kick us in the face whenever they are inserted into the disc player. I never bought "Sadness Will Prevail" by Today is the Day, it was given to me by notorious frontman Steve Austin after one of my horrible grindcore bands recorded an album with him in 2004. When I first put this record on I remember being completely hooked and enthralled with the sheer sound, volume, anger, and general weirdness of the whole listening experience. Today is the Day's sound was ahead of its time and very influential, yet none of my peers seemed to pay attention to them. Austin described this particular record to me as "an extreme metal version of The Wall." Although at the time I dismissed this description as the most pretentious and idiotic thing I had ever heard, it rings truer and truer as time goes on.





- Joe