Oct 5, 2013

October

First post on the blog this month so I figured I'd start it off with a playlist of what's been making me want to dance and/or increasing my hatred towards humanity.

Husker Du - Metal Circus/Zen Arcade/Flip Your Wig :  I've pretty much been listening to Husker Du exclusively lately, and every time I hear Mould's vocals partnered with the razor thin and noisy production I'm reminded why they are one of the greatest punk bands ever.

Iceage - You're Nothing : This record is so good it's made it's way into another post of mine. It makes me think this band started with a group of snotty, young, Morrissey (and Joy Division, for good measure) worshipping kids that were given some 80's U.S. hardcore punk tapes....and the result was "You're Nothing".  I could be way off, but check it out regardless.

Roky Erickson - Evil One : A true rock n roll fucking maniac.  Reading stories from and about this man would keep me occupied and interested for days.  I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about the bands he was in, and yeah - he helped pioneer a genre I don't personally give a shit about - but I could listen to this guy's records for days, and "Evil One" just happens to be perfect for this time of year.

Some honorable mentions :

Queens of the Stone Age - Self Titled
Slapshot - Sudden Death Overtime
Anti Nowhere League - We are the League

When you're done thinking it's really cool to listen exclusively to bands like Danzig, The Misfits, maybe even Type O Negative because it's fall season and you're really striving to get that maximum number of "likes" on your Instagram post, check out these records. 

-WOODS