Sep 3, 2013

The Things One Misses

So, today on my way out the door for work i grabbed 3 CD's to listen to whule i drive around for 8 hours.  I started off with Diamond Light Boogie by The Cherry Poppin Daddies (someday i'll get into why this album was awesome also.)  The second disc was Chris Cornells Euphoria Morning (my reason why Audioslave never should have happened.) and the last disc was First Band On The Moon by The Cardigans.

The latter of which i want to laude tonight.  I missed the album when it came out largely because i was twelve and didn't have money to buy a ton of albums, not to mention i lived out in the boonies and there was little chance of hearing anything but the hits that MTV threw at me.  I recall getting the soundtrack to Romeo + Juliet entirely because of the song Lovefool though.  As a bonus i got some other wicked tracks not least of which was a sweet Everclear track Local God (still one of my favorite bands to this day even if pop-rock turned into just pop.)  Anyway, before i digress even further I loved the song and found the album containing it at a buybacks about a year ago.  I ripped it and filed it away because i had about 20 other discs that i deemed more immediately listenable.  I had not touched the disc since. 

Today i realized how erroneous that decision was.  I can't believe i deprived myself of such saccharine sweetness for so long.  I know little about the band other than what i am now picking up on Wikipedia but these Swedish geniuses certainly nailed it at least once.  I was in love even before i even heard this gem nestled into the later half of the album but this sold it for me.  This is possibly one of the most interesting re-visioning I've ever heard.


I urge you go and give this thing a spin or if you did and you've moved on even better or if you're thinking shut up weird guy on the metal blog that's ok too (but i'll piss in your eyes in your dreams if this is the case, be warned.)

Nicky P