Feb 18, 2011

Crawl America!

 
                                                     

Rock and roll huh? I hate saying that watered down phrase anymore. I'm glad it took the place of all that screamo boy band poop, but there was certainly a plethora of long haired kids playing "rock and roll" for a good few years around here. Well, these guys are pretty legit. In case that picture didn't give it away.

To be honest, the singers voice kind of bothered me at first. It slips out of key randomly and was too catchy and obvious. Then I realized, oh yeah.. that's what rock and roll is supposed to fucking be! Pro Tools and all the vocal processing plug-ins out there have ruined the raw sound a band creates. Perfection is stupid.

It's too bad these guys live so far south or I'd go see every show they played. They're making a trip up to Cleveland in April to play with Lucy. Rumor has it everyone's going.

-Novak